Tapstream CCPA policy
Last revised: June 18, 2023
This policy explains how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information as it pertains to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA).
Collection of Information
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: Such as your name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information: Including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our website, application, or advertisement.
Use of Information
We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets.
Sharing of Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see 'Sales of Personal Information' below).
When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. You may submit a request to opt-out by contacting us.
Rights under CCPA and CPRA
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared.
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions).
- The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights.
- The right to correct inaccurate personal data.
- The right to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-888-928-8828
If your questions, concerns and complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction or if you have further questions, you can contact Us by mail: Tapstream Network Inc., 2223A Oak Bay Ave., #122, Victoria, BC, V8R 1G4, attention: Privacy Officer.