Tapstream campaigns collect and display performance data in real time. Campaigns are automatically organized in to labels by campaign type (for specific ad networks, or custom, cross-promotion, or Word of Mouth campaigns). They also automatically report on attributed install events, downstream events, retention, and ARPU (Average Revenue Per User).
The Campaigns overview screen is accessible directly from Tapstream's main navigation. It offers two views: Performance, which shows you clicks, installs, and ARPU for your campaigns, and Cohorts, which shows you ARPU and retention for your campaigns.
Selecting campaign types from the leftmost pane will filter all data on this screen, in both tabs.
The Performance tab of the Campaigns screen offers three representations of your campaign data. All three representations respect the date range and any filters you've set.
The totals bar, at the top of the screen, shows clicks, installs, and your "money number". Your "money number" can be configured to be your campaigns' 1-, 3-, 7-, or 30-day ARPU, or your campaigns' total earnings.
The campaign performance overview, in the middle of the screen, is a chart that shows two configurable series over the date range you select. Available series are:
- Clicks: The total number of clicks on your campaigns
- Installs: The total number of app users attributed to clicks on your campaigns
- Conv. %: The percentage of clicks on your campaigns that converted in to an attributed install
- n-day ARPU: The Average Revenue per User n days after a user attributed to your campaigns installed your app
The campaigns table, at the bottom of the screen, is a table that shows a list of all of your campaigns.
All data on this screen can be filtered by the text input box above this table. Next to the filter input box are controls for downloading a CSV of this table, and hiding campaigns that don't have data from the table.
Each row in the table itself has the following columns:
- Edit: Takes you to a screen where you can edit the behavior and details of the campaign
- Copy link: Copies the campaign's URL, like
http://taps.io/my-campaign/, to your clipboard
- Campaign name: Takes you to a detailed report on this campaign's performance
- Type: The campaign's ad network, or its membership to a special type of campaign ("Custom", "Cross Promo", or "Word of Mouth")
- Clicks: The gross number (not uniques) of clicks on this campaign's URL
- Installs: The number of unique app installs attributed to clicks on this campaign's URL
- Created: The date on which this campaign was created by you
- Money number: As above, either this campaign's n-day ARPU, or the total revenue generated by the campaign so far
The Cohorts tab of the Campaigns screen shows two views of the cohortized behavior of users attributed to your campaigns.
The campaigns cohorts overview shows the retention and average revenue per user for four date buckets (1, 3, 7, and 30 days), scoped to the date range you configured and any filters you've applied.
The cohort analysis table shows your retention and ARPU for each date bucket, as well as offering the same filter input, CSV download functionality, and "hide empty" functionality as the campaigns table on the Performance tab.
Each campaign has a Details page. This page shows detailed performance and cohort data scoped to the individual campaign. You can reach your campaigns' details pages by clicking on a campaign's name in either the campaigns table (on the Performance tab) or the cohort analysis table (on the Cohorts tab).
The Performance tab of the campaign details screen offers two aggregated representations of your campaign data, as well as a breakdown of user milestones attributed to each of your campaign's destinations.
The totals bar, at the top of the screen, shows clicks, installs, and your "money number".
The campaign performance chart, in the middle of the screen, is a chart that shows two configurable series over the date range you select. Available series are:
- Clicks: The total number of clicks on this campaign
- Installs: The total number of app users attributed to clicks on this campaign
- Conv. %: The percentage of clicks on this campaign that converted in to an attributed install
- n-day ARPU: The Average Revenue per User n days after the user attributed to this campaign installed your app
The destination breakdown table, at the bottom of the screen, breaks out each of your campaign's destination URLs. For each of your campaign's destination URLs, it shows how many attributed users performed the each event type at least once.
The Cohorts tab of the campaign details screen shows how cohorts attributed to your campaign perform in aggregate, and week-by-week or month-by-month over time.
The totals bar, at the top of the screen, shows how many app installs were attributed to this campaign (in the "Installs" column), followed by these users' 1-, 3-, 7-, and 30-day retention and ARPU.
The cohorts chart, at the bottom of the screen, shows how the retention or ARPU of users attributed to this campaign has changed over time. You can change whether the chart shows retention or ARPU, or columns for weeks or months, using the chart's series selectors.